Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Whirlwind Schedule

The holidays are upon us, and it seems I cannot get away from it's vamping in schedule even in Ghana!  Next week a bunch (like, over a hundred) volunteers will descend on the ambassador's (posh) house in Accra to gorge themselves on turkey, vegetables, and pumpkin pie.  Then (hopefully) we will be able to catch the new Harry Potter movie in the only theatre in Ghana.  (I'm really logging in the Harry Potter-viewing countries.  I saw the 2nd one in Scotland.)  I will travel back to Damanko, stay for a few days, then head out again to the first of my In-Service Trainings in Kumasi.  There is talk about travel to a happy place for Christmas, but thinking I might stay at site and brew pito in celebration with my Muslim counterpart and his family and make paper snowflakes with the zillions of kids running around here.  I even found glitter from somewhere!  I think this will be my first snow-less Christmas.  Wish I had some lights to decorate a moringa tree, but maybe the snowflakes will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment