Wednesday, July 4, 2012

T minus 4 months


It's hard to believe that many of my “groupmates” are already home. I'm staying a little later than most, but it still feels so close and so far away at the same time. The first year went fast, the second year has been slower. I guess you can see that I'm excited to go home. It's senioritis all over again. Nevertheless, there are things being crossed off the list, and things poised to be crossed off soon. I have some self-supported girls that I have to set up with small businesses, so they have a means to care for themselves. I have library books to retrieve from two different places as well as the library system to set up and get underway. The organization that helped with our latrine project this year is coming to do some large scale health education with the beneficiaries. Operation Smile comes to Accra at the end of the month and I want to be among the volunteer troops, plus we're sending one child from Damanko to get his cleft lip fixed. And there's still some traveling to do, a handful of places in Ghana I still want to see.  I can feel the winding down happening.

1 comment:

  1. Kristi, You have had and are having an amazing experience. We have thought of you often and enjoyed your blog and pictures. Seeing you using the "equipment" to prepare food makes me think of your great grandmother on the farm many years ago while I was a child visiting Luray. She would love the picture. Love,
    Frank

    ReplyDelete