Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Note about my new feature

So you may have noticed the new list to the right of this blog (or you may not).  I have created a list of things that would just blow my mind to see in a package.  But, I must explain about the food items.  You see, after about two months in country, it's amazing how half of our conversations revolve around food.  Ghanaian food is good, but it's biggest problem (for me) is it provides a lack of variety.  I miss not just American food, but ethnic food like crazy.  So, I know many prepackaged or otherwise vacuum sealed foods exist in America (even tuna and chicken from Chicken of the Sea--yes, volunteers do get them shipped over), so if any of you feel compelled to send me some fake cheese (like Velveeta or something) or Taste of Thai Peanut Sauce, you will get many good thoughts sent your way from Ghana.  Just PLEASE! don't send things that will go bad.  The other non-food items on the list are excellent for working with the kids and giving out as small gifts or prizes.

Another note on pricing.  If you use the cheapest USPS flat-rate box, it will cost $56 for up to 20 lbs.  If, however, you don't want to send enough to fill up a box, my dad sent a bubble envelope with light things for $12.

So that was my shameless plug.  But also, none of these packages would complete without a note or pictures from you!  I miss your personal connections more than the stuff!

Kristi

1 comment:

  1. So if we send a movie, can you get it back to us in time to avoid the late fees? :-)

    ReplyDelete